This dish is for very lazy and healthy days, you'll just need (for 1 or 2 people):
- 150 g chicken breast or better, goujons per person
- 1 sweet red pepper (the long thin ones are the best) - chopped in squares
- 1 fresh firm tomato (diced)
- 1 courgette, chopped in thin slices (cut the slices in two..)
- 1 branch of lemongrass, chopped in slices
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 hot chili (not the birdeye chilli, the bigger type), cut in slices
- 1 lime (juiced) (+ 1 for backup if adjustment needed or not very juicy)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- thai fish sauce, slightly less in volume than the juice of the lime
- 1 tblsp sesame oil
In a small bowl, mix the lime juice with the thai fish sauce, taste and adjust with more juice or more fish sauce: If it's too sour add some fish sauce, if too salty add some more lime juice, it's about balance. Reserve.
In a wok, heat the sesame oil, and when hot, throw the chicken cut in long strips, when browned a bit, throw the chopped vegetables, when almost cooked, add the garlic, the kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and chilli pepper, stir in a bit, then at the last moment, add the lime juice and thai fish sauce, and it's ready to serve....
You can serve it with rice, but I think it's fine on its own because it already contains vegetables.
Source: my lazy imagination!...