Wednesday 4 February 2009

Grilled Mustard King Prawns

Marjolaine sent me this fantastic recipe two days ago, and I took advantage of the farmer market's week end to try it out.

You will need for 2 persons:
- King Prawns (10-12 per person or thereabout)
Add Image- 4 tblspn dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tblspn oil (I used grapeseed oil)

Mustard sauce:
Mix the mustard, salt, pepper and finely chopped garlic, then add the oil little by little, keep mixing so as to obtain an emulsion (like a mayonnaise). If the emulsion does not hold firm, add a bit of rice vinegar and keep mixing.Preparation of the king prawns:
With a knife, cut verticaly through the body of each prawn, and devein. spread the middle of the cut prawn and deposit a teaspoon of sauce in it.
Line up the prawns in an oven dish, sauced side up.
Cooking:
Place the dish under the grill on max for about7 minutes, turn the prawns around and cook again for up to 7 minutes depending on the strength of your grill

Then eat whilst it's hot! The sauce produced is incredible, it is definitely finger licking good!
Source: Marjolaine

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hello Christelle,
it looks like you succeed in preparing these shrimps.. great treat !!! and yet simple to cook. :o)

Little Inbox said...

I'm a prawn lover, this dish will definitely suit my taste buds. :)

http://eatingpleasure.blogspot.com/

Christelle said...

Marjolaine: Thank you so much for the recipe, it's a classic for me now! :)

Little Inbox: I have no doubt you'll love it!!

Fitness Foodie said...

Lovely dish, I like the photos of how to cut the prawns, it is helpful.

My comfort food network said...

The shrimp looks great. I 'll bookmark this recipe. Thanks.

pigpigscorner said...

What a great way to use mustard! Looks really delicious.

Christelle said...

Parker: Thanks,Glad it helps! :)

Pigspig corner and My comfort food network, Thank you very much for your comment! :)