Tuesday, 23 December 2008
Oven Satay glazed Chicken wings
I did fancy some satay chicken, easy of course, in the oven. I did not follow a recipe, I was inspired that day.
I marinated the chicken wings in
- 75g gado gado paste crumbled
- a big thumb sized piece of ginger chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
- 2 shallots chopped finely
- 1 lime juice
- fish sauce to equal the lime juice
- 2 tblspn peanut butter
- 1 slosh honey or golden sirup
- a dash of soy sauce
- 1 tblsp sesame oil
- 2 birdeye chillis sliced (I used a green one and a red one)
Marinate the chicken in the mix for at least 1/2h
Then dispose the chicken wings on a tray covered with foil (you don't have to, but remember who's washing the dishes in the end..) pour half the marinade on top.
Cook for half an hour at 180 deg C. Turn the wings and pour the rest of the marinade on top.
Cook for another 1/2h, ready!
Provided you have the ingredients (and I always do...) it's easy enough and you spend a minimum of time making it and taking care of it cooking. Brilliant for parties.
Source: My own improvisation