Yup, still cold here in Britain. Sunny, but cold! So it makes me a bit lazy about spending time cooking. But I still want to eat healthy and balanced. So here's another easy recipe for you.
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 pieces of pork (filet mignon will do nicely)
- 4 tblspn chinese white wine (or dry sherry)
- salt flakes &cracked pepper
- 4 tblspn soy sauce
- 1 red pepper bell chopped in squares
- a handfull of sweet dried cranberries
- 4 medium to small potatoes (not new potatoes, King edwards will do nicely) chopped in quarters if small potatoes
- 4 carrots chopped in short sticks
- 1 big onion chopped in squares
- 4 big cloves of garlic chopped in big bits
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tblspn of herbes de provence
- a dash of olive oil
Rub the meat with a bit of oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce and chineese white wine. Leave to rest at the bottom of an oven dish big enough to contain all the ingredients above. Add the cranberries and red pepper bell Then top with the carrots, garlic, onion and potatoes, pour a dash of oil, add the tins of tomato, top up with water so that the meat is covered, then sprinkle with the herbs. Place in the oven at 200deg Celsius, set the timer for about 1h30, forget about it and snuggle with a cup of tea in front of a good film. When the timer rings, dish up and eat, the sauce is rich and flavoursome, and satisfying! Enjoy and bon apetit!
Source: the inspiration of the day....