Monday 15 September 2008

Simple steamed salmon and broccolis


Here you go, no prep:
Lay the salmon in the first tier of the steamer with ginger slices or grated ginger on top , Florets of broccoli, set the timer to 15 min...
Result:
Moist salmon and slightly crunchy broccoli...
A few droplets of roasted sesame oil on the salmon, and a filet of lime juice
on the broccoli. You can use a few drops of oyster sauce on the broccoli as well.

Et voila! Total 3 min of preparation, 15 min reading emails whilst it's in the steamer...
Lots of iron and folic acid from the broccoli (and made more assimilable by the citrus juice),
Fish oils, Proteins and vegetable and fibre Ah.
Light and very tasty too...! ;)
No excuse then about not having time to eat properly!

I have not found a name for the dish, it's so simple...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just my kind of dish - healthy, super fast and easy. Badly in need of such recipes as I am in the midst of unpacking in my new home.

Cheers!

Laurie said...

This is SO what I should be eating these days (I gained a few kilos these past few months that I would be happy to get rid of) but same thing every night : good ol' carbohydrates call... ~~

Christelle said...

You can grate the ginger it looks better.. I must say 'm not tooproud of my photo, but again, lack of time!..

Christelle said...

Laurie, I've seen your latest bentos, lol, looks like you're in a sweet phase!. This dish is also good cold, so you can swap with the cookies , lol!!