Saturday 27 September 2008

Hong Kong Style noodles



I invented this super easy recipe (take it as healthy fast food…:)

Preparation : 10 mn
Cooking time :
10 mn
For 2 people

Ingredients:
- 2 lots of ‘easycook’ noodles (they cook in 3 minutes)
-
1 big onion
-
5 tablespoons of dark soya sauce
-
4 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 birdeye chilli
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 200g of mangetout beans
- 300g of fried tofu pre-cooked (or use caramelised tofu)
- 3 spring onions

Making it:
Blanch the beans and drain (but keep the water). Put aside.
Cook the noodles as indicated on the packet. Rince them with cold water and drain. Put aside.
Cut the onion in thin slices, fry it in the oil until it is golden.
Add the thinly cut garlic and chilli. After a minute or two add the soya sauces, cook a
few more minutes; do not hesitate to add some of the water you cooked the mangetouts in to deglaze and maintain the sauce in a sticky state.
Add the tofu cut in bite-size squares. If you use the fried tofu, make sure you coat it well with the sauce.
Add the mangetouts (which should be vivid green and crunchy by the way), and the noodles.
Mix well and cook for 1 min for the noodles to warm up.
Dish in bowls, sprinkle with the sliced spring onions, and serve with chopsticks.

Tips
Do not add salt as the soya sauces already contain salt.
If you don’t like tofu, you can replace it by slices of wok-fried chicken

Vegans, use replacement products for soy sauces

Now, enjoy!


5 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

The food you cook here is more Asian than Western..Lol. Who would have thought you are a French girl and not Asian. I love that you like to try new things. Wish I can take you all around my country and let you try all the yummy food :)

Christelle said...

This is a great compliment you are paying me here, I am very flattered!! I love experimenting with new ingredients, and I am now quite familiar with some of the Asian ones. I developed a taste for it as I think it is light, healthy, flavoursome, with crazy textures, and a whole range of tastes...
Oh I wish you could take me all around Malaysia with you indeed! When I was there and in Singapore in June, I only could see and taste a tiny portion of what is possible and available! And worse, there are not enough meals in a day!!

Unknown said...

hi Christelle,
one of my favourite...when I feel like tasting my childhood's flavours and too busy to prepare a complicate meal.
I, most of the time, keep the stock of the noodles.
I can see you are doing very good with Asian cooking. Good bêp !!!
:o)...the bêp means the cook in vietnamese.

Christelle said...

Marjolaine thank you, I'm looking forward to you starting a blog, Christina told me many times how good a bêp you are!

Laurie said...

Alors là !! Voilà qui a l'air juste extraordinairement savoureux, dis-moi ! Les haricots mangetout bien croquants, voilà le genre de petit plus qui font les meilleures recettes de nouilles sautées.

(oui je sais, mon commentaire a bien du retard, mais que veux-tu, remèdes de grand-mère ou pas ça n'est qu'aujourd'hui que je retrouve enfin l'énergie (et le temps) de faire le tour de tous mes blogs favoris ~~).